Dispatchers monitor the delivery paperwork flow to ensure customer deliveries are delivered on time. Group and route deliveries of loads according to designed geographic areas are done frequently. This position consists in 85% of outside work prepping truss bundles and loading trucks and 15% office work scheduling drivers, checking paperwork and contacting clients.
- Schedule routing of area/market delivery equipment to reduce delivery expense & increase efficiency
- Coordinate delivery times and total hours for load building, checking and staging
- Prepare delivery analyses to improve delivery efficiency
- Maintain accurate records of all deliveries, addresses and time of delivery.
- Assist in building truss bundles
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Computer Skills: Order Processing System, Internet Software, Inventory Software, Routing Software
- Ability to read and comprehend documents (i.e. policy and procedure manuals); write routine reports and correspondence; speak/present in front of a small group.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to stand and walk for a full 10 hour shift.
- Ability to lift at least 60 lbs regularly.
- Ability to operate gas or propane sit down fork trucks.
- Experience routing area/market to reduce delivery expense & increase efficiency
- Advance planning and load building/checking, staging, etc…
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Delivery analysis and improving delivery efficiency
- Associate's Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or 6 months to 1 year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED): or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training.
84 Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.