84 Lumber’s Mission:
To Serve our customers through a team of dedicated, honest, hardworking Associates
To Supply our customers with the best quality products while providing out Associates with the safest work environment
To Save our customers by offering competitive value-added pricing for each specific market
To Provide our Associates with an environment where nothing is impossible
Why 84 Lumber?
• 84 Lumber is a leader in the building material supplier industry and is proudly family and woman owned. 84 Lumber is committed to your success and is offering a competitive benefits and compensation package to assist you along your journey with us as you build your career!
• Endless growth opportunity, we are always looking for future leaders – if you are willing to invest in 84, 84 will invest in you. Applying for an entry-level position will enable you to learn the industry in’s and out’s, providing endless growth opportunity whether you are looking for a path in management, sales or working at our Team Headquarters in Eighty Four, PA.
• We provide comprehensive training to ensure you are provided the tools you need to be successful.
Benefits provided to full-time associates:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Disability and Life Insurance
• 401(k) and Profit Sharing
• Paid Sick, Personal and Vacation time
• Holiday pay
This position is responsible for delivering material to customer job sites. Responsible for building loads for deliveries and maintaining a safe, clean and well organized lumber yard; loading and unloading of lumber and/or building supplies, and operating a forklift. Must have valid state issued driver’s license and safe driving record.
Driver requirements are as follows:
1) 84 Employee Driver must NEVER operate a vehicle over 26,000 GVW
2) Employee Driver of 84 Vehicle 10,000-26,000 GVW must satisfy the following requirements:
• Be at least 21 years old;
• Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records;
• Can, by reason of experience, training, or both, safely operate the type of commercial motor vehicle he/she drives;
• Is physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle in accordance with the requirements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act and possesses a valid and current Medical Exam Certificate or Card
• Has a currently valid commercial motor vehicle operator's license issued only by one State or jurisdiction;
• Furnish to 84 Lumber, on an annual basis, a true and correct copy of the report of his/her driving status and history, as generated from the driver record, provided to users, such as, drivers or employers;
• Furnish to 84 Lumber, on an annual basis, a list of violations or the certificate as required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act;
• Is not disqualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act; and
• Has successfully completed a driver's road test and has been issued a valid and current certificate of driver's road test, or its equivalent, in accordance with the requirements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act.
3) Employee driver of 84 Vehicle under 10,000 GVW
• Valid license/ Satisfactory MVR Record as defined by 84 Standards
4) To operate a hauler vehicle, additional requirements may be needed.
• Time Management
• Forklift Operation
• Keeps management aware of any delays or discrepancies
• Deliver material to customer job sites
• Build loads for delivery
• Maintains lumber yard including keeping material well organized and safe
• Be able to periodically lift up to 80 pounds
This position requires driving for long periods of time in a truck as well as working in the lumber yard. Truck Drivers work near moving mechanical parts and in highly precarious places. This position can involve working outdoors or being exposed to wet, humid, extremely hot or extremely cold conditions. This position can be exposed to vibrations, airborne particles or toxic chemicals. There may be a risk of electrical shock.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work depends on hours of operations, 45+ hours per week.
Local travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
84 Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.