We are currently requiring all new associates to submit proof of full vaccination with one of the three COVID-19 vaccines approved and/or authorized by the FDA, or proof of having received the first vaccine dose with the second dose scheduled, on or before their first day of employment, unless the associate has been approved for an exemption.
Why 84 Lumber?
- 84 Lumber is a promote from within company. If you invest in yourself, we will invest in you! Nearly 95% of our Managers, Area Managers, Divisional Vice Presidents, and Upper Management started their careers with 84 Lumber as Manager Trainees.
- Manager Trainees can get promoted within their first 7 to 12 months, based on performance and position availability. This first promotion can lead to up to a 40% increase in annual pay. Manager Trainees average promotion time to become a General Manager is within three to four years, based on performance and position availability.
- Your personal performance and position availability are the primary factors to be promoted at 84 Lumber.
- 84 Lumber has an extensive training program that can take individuals with zero industry knowledge and prepare them to be General Managers within three to four years. We give you the tools to be successful!
Benefits provided to full-time associates:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Paid Sick, Personal and Vacation time
- Holiday pay
Associate is responsible for learning the total operations of the location. This includes sales, creating material estimates from blueprints, inventory control, building loads for delivery, loading/unloading freight and maintaining physical location plant. Associate must complete course of study as outlined within assigned time frame.
- Freight handling
- Maintain and merchandise store inventory
- Payroll System
- Invoicing and POS System
- Inventory System
- Human Resources System
- Word Processing Software
- Spreadsheet and Internet Software
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial reports
- Learn to read Blueprints and create material list
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and
- deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This position can involve working outdoors or being exposed to wet, humid, extremely hot or extremely cold conditions. May require working in a highly precarious place and near moving mechanical parts. There may be a risk of electrical shock. The position may be exposed to vibrations, airborne particles or toxic chemicals.
This position involves frequently standing, walking, use of hands, reaching, talking, listening and writing. Periodically lifts up to 80 pounds, stoops, crouches. Rarely sits, climb, balance and crawl.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work depends on hours of operations, willing to work 48+ hours per week.
Limited travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED