Are you a motivated individual looking to take the first step toward a rewarding and profitable career? 84 Lumber is immediately dedicated and dependable associates to fill our truss manufacturing teams. No previous experience is required!
The ideal candidate is a quick learner who is team-oriented and ready to step into a fast-paced position that has the potential to lead to a lifelong career.
“Ladder of Opportunity” promotions structure make it easy for motivated candidates to accomplish their own financial, career, and personal goals. We believe in promoting nearly 100% from within the company and look forward to helping you to build your career with 84.
- Measure pre-cut lumber to ensure dimensions are accurate
- Verify truss set-up is accurate
- Tack connector plates in place with hammer
- Operate gantry to press connector plates into position
- Ensure work area is safe, clean, and organized during and after the shift
- Ensure that assembled items meet the established quality specifications
- Assist in training new team members
- Able to stand and move for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
- Able to read or able to learn to read a set up sheet
- Able to work 9 hours shifts
- Able to read a tape measure and use a hammer
- Able to work and think at a fast-pace
- Able to work, collaborate, and communicate effectively within the team
84 Lumber’s Mission:
- To Serve our customers through a team of dedicated, honest, hardworking Associates
- To Supply our customers with the best quality products while providing out Associates with the safest work environment
- To Save our customers by offering competitive value-added pricing for each specific market
- To Provide our Associates with an environment where nothing is impossible
Why 84 Lumber?
- 84 Lumber is a leader in the building material supplier industry and is proudly family and woman owned. 84 Lumber is committed to your success and is offering a competitive benefits and compensation package to assist you along your journey with us as you build your career!
- Endless growth opportunity, we are always looking for future leaders – if you are willing to invest in 84, 84 will invest in you. Applying for an entry-level position will enable you to learn the industry in’s and out’s, providing endless growth opportunity in areas of Production, Production Leadership, Sales and Design.
- We provide comprehensive training to ensure you are provided the tools you need to be successful.
Benefits provided to full-time associates:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Paid Sick, Personal and Vacation time
- Holiday pay
- Weekly Pay! Amazing Benefits! Employee Discounts!
- Shift Differential = $1.50 extra per hour (only for 2nd shift schedule)
1st shift: 6:00 am - 2:30 pm - Monday to Friday (some occasional Saturdays)
2nd shift: 3:00 pm - 1:30 am - Monday to Friday
+ Overtime, PTO, monthly bonuses
84 Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.