Forklift operators are responsible for the efficient and timely movement of lumber, materials and finished product throughout the physical plant in accordance with the Safety Standards for fork truck operation. Essential Functions:
- Train in all areas of the Yard Department to include operating various types of mobile and fixed equipment including forklifts, and loaders. Training includes required hours for each job position and practical test to be a qualified operator.
- Interpret all operational procedures and parameters, including Job Safety Analysis and Work Instructions.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Shows a safety-first mindset; recommends improvements to make the workplace safer for self and others.
- Willing to learn; enjoys tackling new challenges.
- Is organized and shows attention to detail, with a "get it right the first time" mindset.
- Demonstrates dependability in attendance, work completion, and flexibility to meet business needs.
- Works well with team members or independently; gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner.
- Makes timely and sound decisions; uses resources wisely.
- Displays a positive, can-do attitude; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations.
- Ability to stand for duration of shift, up to 12 hours; frequent physical activity such as walking, climbing stairs or reaching to work with equipment throughout the entire shift.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with exposure to extremes in temperature, uneven surfaces, loud noise, elevated work areas, and confined spaces.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training
- Previous forklift operating experience a must.
- No less than 1 year of field experience in either an operation and or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to document and maintain procedures and record keeping.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Must speak and understand English language in verbal+ written communication.
- Forklift, Crane, or experience operating heavy machinery preferred.
- Must be able to work a 10-12 hours shift, which include overtime.
- Ability to use effective listening skills to identify important information.
84 Lumber’s Mission:
To Serve our customers through a team of dedicated, honest, hardworking Associates
To Supply our customers with the best quality products while providing out Associates with the safest work environment
To Save our customers by offering competitive value-added pricing for each specific market
To Provide our Associates with an environment where nothing is impossible
- Why 84 Lumber?
- 84 Lumber is a leader in the building material supplier industry and is proudly family and woman owned. 84 Lumber is committed to your success and is offering a competitive benefits and compensation package to assist you along your journey with us as you build your career!
- Endless growth opportunity, we are always looking for future leaders – if you are willing to invest in 84, 84 will invest in you. Applying for an entry-level position will enable you to learn the industry in’s and out’s, providing endless growth opportunity in areas of Production, Production Leadership, Sales and Design.
- By working hard, we will reward you with monthly incentive opportunities.
- We provide comprehensive training to ensure you are provided the tools you need to be successful.
Benefits provided to full-time associates:
84 Lumber’s benefits, direct control over your own pay, and “Ladder of Opportunity” promotions structure make it easy for motivated candidates to accomplish their own financial, career, and personal goals. We believe in promoting nearly 100% from within the company and look forward to helping you to build your career with 84.
Monday - Thursday 2:30 pm to 1:30 am
Eventual Fridays are required
84 Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.