EWP Designers are responsible for managing, measuring, and monitoring the EWP design capacities needed to support the sales and production needs of an 84 Lumber EWP program. Provide the systems & processes, and personnel required, to ensure that designs are accurate and efficient. Designs that meet or exceed all 84 Lumber EWP design standards, builder specifications, and design turnaround expectations.
- Communicate with sales, management, and production personnel on the status of design schedule commitments.
- Manage equipment, systems & processes, needed to facilitate EWP design and production
- Assess and manage the training & development of new and existing design associates. Provide regular design reviews
- Develop and manage a system that keeps measures the productivity of every designer
- Consult with senior EWP management for the ever-evolving production expectations of designer in any given experience range
- Manage version control of design software
- Miscellaneous projects as determined by the company
- Computer Skills: Word Processing System, MiTek Sapphire, Internet Software, Database Software
- Spreadsheet Software
- Manufacturing, Design, Optimization and Automated Saw Software(s)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports, technical procedures and /or government regulations; write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; effectively present information and questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- 4+ yrs. experience in roof & floor truss design, wall panel design is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural blueprints
- Ability to calculate tributary loads, concentrated loads, and load transfer through a building
- Ability to operate a computer and current software used by company
- Knowledge of current local codes associated with truss design MiTek Saphire
- Good written and oral communication skills are required
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, and construction personnel
- Good math skills including, but not limited to architectural units, fractions, geometry, and basic trigonometry
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training
$60k-$80k based on experience (negotiable)
This position will involve long work hours, and involve work being performed in rather hot and cold conditions.
This position will require extended time working at a computer and may involve being on your feet for a good portion of the day.
This is a full-time position. Hours of work depends on hours of operations, 48 hours per week.
No travel is expected for this position.
- Company Match & Profit Sharing
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
84 Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.