Are you a motivated individual looking to take the first step toward a rewarding and profitable career? 84 Lumber is immediately hiring hard-working, dedicated associates to fill our truss manufacturing teams.
The ideal candidate is a quick learner who is team-oriented and ready to step into a fast-paced position that has the potential to lead to a lifelong career. No experience? No problem. 84 Lumber’s world-class training program will teach you what you need to get started.
84 Lumber’s benefits, direct control over your own pay, and “Ladder of Opportunity” promotions structure make it easy for motivated candidates to accomplish their own financial, career, and personal goals. We believe in promoting nearly 100% from within the company and look forward to helping you to build your career with 84.
84 Lumber’s Mission:
- To Serve our customers through a team of dedicated, honest, hardworking Associates
- To Supply our customers with the best quality products while providing out Associates with the safest work environment
- To Save our customers by offering competitive value-added pricing for each specific market
- To Provide our Associates with an environment where nothing is impossible
Why 84 Lumber?
- 84 Lumber is a leader in the building material supplier industry and is proudly family and woman owned. 84 Lumber is committed to your success and is offering a competitive benefits and compensation package to assist you along your journey with us as you build your career!
- Endless growth opportunity, we are always looking for future leaders – if you are willing to invest in 84, 84 will invest in you. Applying for an entry-level position will enable you to learn the industry in’s and out’s, providing endless growth opportunity in areas of Production, Production Leadership, Sales and Design.
- We provide comprehensive training to ensure you are provided the tools you need to be successful.
Monday - Friday from 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
Eventual Saturdays are required
Benefits provided to full-time associates:
- Monthly bonuses!
- $17.00/hr to start
- $.25 pay increase every 3 months during your first year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Paid Sick, Personal and Vacation time (15)
- Holiday pay (6)
- Weekly Pay! Employee Discounts!
- Measure pre-cut lumber to ensure dimensions are accurate
- Verify truss set-up is accurate
- Tack connector plates in place with hammer
- Operate gantry to press connector plates into position
- Ensure work area is safe, clean, and organized during and after the shift
- Ensure that assembled items meet the established quality specifications
- Assist in training new team members
- Able to stand and move for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
- Able to read or able to learn to read a set up sheet
- Able to work 9 hours shifts
- Able to read a tape measure and use a hammer
- Able to work and think at a fast-pace
- Able to work, collaborate, and communicate effectively within the team
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training.
84 Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.