This position installs fireplaces, shelving, hardwoods and miscellaneous products. This position is also responsible for repair orders the store receives. Essential Functions
- Install hardwood floors, fireplaces, shelving and miscellaneous items
- Repair installed items as needed
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; deal with problems involving a few concrete variables and standardized situations.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment
Work is performed in a non-climate controlled manufacturing environment where individual is exposed to extremes of seasonal heat and cold as well as the potentially dangerous conditions of wood truss manufacturing. Work can be performed outdoors where individual is exposed to the elements. Individual is exposed the noise levels consistent with building (hammering) and the operation of large, commercial saws. Individual is exposed to the saw dust generated by commercial saws. Eye, ear, head, and hand protection is required depending on the operation being performed.Physical Demands
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without a reasonable accommodation. Requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for materials and supplies. Requires manual dexterity and strength sufficient to repeatedly lift lumber and materials weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires working under stressful or emergency conditions requiring high concentration and energy level. May require working irregular and/or extended hours.Travel
Local travel is expected for this position. No overnight travel is required for this position.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training
- Valid driver's license.
84 Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.