Truss Designers are responsible for completing design work assigned by the Design Manager, and responsibilities will include:
- These associates must read architectural prints to create roof and floor truss placement layouts conforming to current 84 Lumber design practices
- Design of roof and floor trusses in engineering software Mitek Sapphire ensuring designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to the current P&P
- Specify all necessary supplied hardware
- Maintain complete and updated Job Tracking Sheet
- Send approval letter to customers according to P&P procedures when necessary
- Provide sales and customer support when necessary
- Ensure office and plan are maintained in a neat and orderly fashion and all plans are logged properly
- Attend required meetings and participates in committees as requested by supervisor(s).
- Computer Skills: Word Processing System, MiTek Sapphire, Internet Software, Database Software
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- 2+ yrs. experience in roof & floor truss design, wall panel design is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural blueprints
- Ability to calculate tributary loads, concentrated loads, and load transfer through a building
- Ability to operate a computer and current software used by company Knowledge of current local codes associated with truss design MiTek Saphire.
- Good written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, and construction personnel
- Good math skills including, but not limited to architectural units, fractions, geometry, and basic trigonometry.
This position requires a High School diploma or GED.
This position will require the candidate to work at our Richmond, VA location.
84 Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.