Construction Type: Wood Framed
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Location: Based in Raleigh/Durham Area
Recommended Education: High School Diploma
We are looking for on-site construction superintendents. The person must be of high personal integrity & astute in business ethics. They must be experienced in construction management of framing operations,
- Ensure a safe work environment by following and enforcing safety standards.
- Supervise & Coordinate all on-site Framing activities, including those of subcontractors, material deliveries, and customer expectations.
- Establish building sequence, dates & manner to carry out work
- Ability & willingness to study / understand / direct / perform / based on construction drawings, specs, shop drawings, etc.
- Be conscious of projected job costs and strive to achieve anticipated budgets.
- Communicate daily with Customer & subcontractors.
- Ensure that work meets high industry standards via continuous Quality Control and documentation.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office programs. (spreadsheets / sending pictures / Excel & Word programs.)
- Need full understanding of scope specifics and expectations of subcontractors. Create & process RFI's and change order request as needed.
- Maintain neat and orderly work areas.
- Prepare and document job meetings / safety meetings / reports / daily pictures & logs.
- Verify that on-site activities are carried out with all required safety regulations.
- Be willing to physically work as needed.
- Always be willing to accomplish any other task that may be required at any given time
- OSHA 10 HOUR, CPR, Blueprint reading, PC Skills
- Proficient in reading/understanding blueprints & construction documents
- 5+ years’ experience in the construction industry. (Production Builder experience a plus)
84 Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.