The Estimator position is responsible for residential and commercial takeoffs for both installed and material projects. This incumbent reviews plans and specifications relative to the schedule and scope of work, and works closely with salespeople to coordinate construction projects and paperwork. Estimators will:
- Conduct material takeoffs
- Utilize computer for blueprint takeoffs
- Communicate with professional builders
- Communicate with salesmen
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or 6 months to 1 year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use architectural technology to read blueprints and perform material takeoffs.
- Computer skills: On-Screen takeoff software, Microsoft Office Suite, Intermediate Excel skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of building codes, UL assembly, wood framing process preferred.
- Experience using Square Takeoff preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations; write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
84 Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.