84 Lumber is immediately hiring a Wood Framing Estimator for our St. Louis location. We're located at 239 W. Outer Rd. Valley Park, MO 63088
84 Lumber the Estimator position is responsible for residential and commercial takeoffs for both installed and material projects. This incumbent reviews plans and specifications relative to the schedule and scope of work and works closely with salespeople to coordinate construction projects and paperwork.
Competitive compensation based on experience! Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision. 3 buckets of time off; Sick pay, PTO, and vacation time. 401k profit sharing- this means that a portion of 84 Lumber's pre-tax profits is contributed to our employees' retirement accounts. And a referral program. Refer an associate to any of our full-time positions and receive up to $1000. Ask your recruiter for a breakdown.
*84 Lumber believes in second chances and rehabilitation. Disclosing a criminal history will NOT automatically disqualify you from employment. Each situation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Failure to disclose all requested information may result in your ineligibility for employment or continued employment.
- Conduct material takeoffs
- Utilize computer for blueprint takeoffs
- Communicate with professional builders
- Communicate with salesmen
- Analyzing requirement documents, blueprints and project plans to gain a thorough understanding of the project
- Preparing material estimates and cost estimates for the product or service
- Developing and maintaining relationships with company vendors and contractors
- Compiling and recording actual costs
- Ability to use architectural technology to read blueprints and perform material takeoffs.
- Computer skills: On-Screen takeoff software, Microsoft Office Suite, Intermediate Excel skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of building codes, UL assembly, wood framing process preferred. Experience using Square Takeoff preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to do commercial applications.
Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a twoyear college or technical school; or 6 months to 1 year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
84 Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.