The Sr. Systems Engineer will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the all systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all software and associated operating systems. The Sr. Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Architect and support Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange, VMware, Enterprise Backups, Enterprise Anti-Virus, and Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of hardware upgrades, network upgrades and new configurations.
- Act as liaison for internal and external communications directly with departments as required. Provide regular status reports and gather requirements from departments and provide input into the infrastructure products that are bought or built.
- Maintain familiarity with currently implemented and new technology, including new versions of software/firmware, implementation of upgrades, and changes to procedures/commands.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements
- Prepare technical documentation, migration procedure documents and test plans
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with hardware, software and operating systems
- Resolve system security and performance issues
- Help develop and maintain server recovery plans for all systems to include both a regular backup schedule and tested process for data restoration/disaster recovery
- Develop, implement, and maintain standards, policies, procedures and associated plans for system administration
- Create policies for administration of business user accounts, permissions and access rights
- Provide clear communication and documentation of events, processes, procedures and configuration details
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent required
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience configuring and supporting Microsoft Windows server architecture
- This is a full-time position that provides Server support, on a 24 x 7 schedule, for all operational and outage issues relating to the infrastructure
- Demonstrated expertise configuring and supporting Office 365 and Exchange Hybrid
- Microsoft Server 2012 thru 2019, Active Directory, Group policy, , VMware, Enterprise Backups, Enterprise Anti-Virus, and Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Applicable knowledge of enterprise system design and architecture
- Technical certifications a plus
- PKI and SSL certification is preferred
- Evidence of ability to convert complex information into simple, explainable solutions.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation performing weekend and after-hours support.
84 Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.