The EWP Program Manager is responsible for supporting store operations; store managers, area managers, and DVPs on driving sales dollar increases and improving net profit of both stand-alone and store integrated EWP centers in their respective areas of responsibility. Additional responsibilities are to support the sales efforts of EWP within the sales agenda for each store or area while ensuring that all budgeted goals for sales revenue, GP$ and AGP% are met, establish a professional relationship with each store or EWP center and work to maximize profits through setting and maintaining operational and design standards.
- Communicate with Managers, Area Managers and DVPs on their EWP operations
- Support location or area sales agenda through product specific knowledge and expertise.
- Implement and maintain standards associated with the operations, design and business administration of both stand-alone and store integrated EWP centers.
- Enhance AGP% performance of identified EWP centers through the following areas:
- Sales GP% Maximization
- Delivery Optimization
- Inventory Control
- Inventory layout and storage standards
- PO/Material List Process Management
- Train local operators on EWP operations best practices.
- Assist with the training of new and existing associates.
- Ensure staffing, inventory, training needs are met for the start-up of new EWP centers.
- Regular travel to EWP Centers within a specific geography.
- Special projects as assigned
- Implement and maintain safety standards specific to EWP operations and consistent with Company standards.
- Travel will be required for this role.
- This position can involve working outdoors or being exposed to wet, humid, extremely hot or extremely cold conditions. May require working in a highly precarious place and near moving mechanical parts. There may be a risk of electrical shock. The position may be exposed to vibrations, airborne particles or toxic chemicals.
- Word Processing Software
- Spreadsheet Software
- Manufacturing Software
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports, technical procedures and /or government regulations; write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Business Administrationa or related field preferred
3+ years of relevant work experience
84 Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.